sCoolPaper: how to become a reporter
Have you always dreamt of being a real reporter like on the television, the radio and in the paper? That's possible now! Take a look at the sCoolPaper.
At sCool, there is a place where you can bring the news, the sCoolPaper! It's a digital newspaper,, where you report about the school, the news, the media etc. You can write articles but also add photos and videos and even a video report! Because an article with pictures are more fun to read then ones without, right? Other children at school can see your report and learn something from it.
You can find the sCoolPaper icon in the navigationbar: it's the blue icon with the newspaper on it.
The sCoolPaper is nicely divided in quires. Those are different categories in the news such as sports, news, media, etc.
The sCoolPaper will be different for every school, because they can choose what they write about. You can find these basicquires in most of the sCoolPapers:
- JAVA Challenges: This is where you can post results of the JAVA challenges.
- Hobby and Sport:This is where you can post everything about your hobby's and sports activities. You won a football tournament or want to write about computercamp? It's all possible!
- Media:This is weer you can post about your mediaworks, about your experiences as the Child of the Week, etc. You can also write articles on Media Literacy, for example as Safe Net.
- News: This is where you can report important events in the world. For example you can write about a newborn baby panda or about the European Union. It's up to you!
- Our School: This is where you can share news about your school, like a videoreport about a schoolfair or an interview with the principal.
Would you like to add other quires to your sCoolPaper? Contact the sCoolPaper Editorial Office and they'll help you.
Making a good report sin't that easy. You need to have a good idea of what exactly you're going to put in the report.
Luckly, there is a lesson packet that can help you, made by real life reporters! In this lesson packet, you can find all the tips and tricks you need to know to make a good report. For example how to take a good interview, how to take nice pictures and how to make interesting videos to pair with your article. Before you know it, you'll be a great reporter!
Make sure your report is fun to watch and read, so it's best to use images and videos to make it more interesting.
Don't forget to think about the text. You need to have a decent intro, but also a good outro. Put your text in paragraphs with enough space inbetween. Otherwise it's difficult to read. Check out the lesson packet for more information.
It's not difficult to upload your report, but you need to know under which category to post your report. This way the report is in the right category when people are looking for something specific. For example, an article on the elections doesn't belong in the quire 'Sports', but 'News'.
Once you've chosen a quire, for example Media, then you press on 'Add Article'. Look at the example down below. Every quire has it's own button, sp be careful!
Now you can post your article in the box below and add photos and videos, just like you do in a blog. If you don't know how to do it, click here for more information: 'hier'
You might have noticed that there is a button down below that's different from the button in the blogs. In stead of 'Publish', it's 'Send to Monderator'. This means that your article will be read by the editorial staff before uploaded in the sCoolPaper.
They read all the new reports and look for mistakes to correct. Once they're done reading and correcting it, they upload it in the sCoolPaper for your school to see.